The flower has been dabbed with colour (using a baby wipe) from Distress Ink pads. I tapped parts of it with the Essential Glue Pad and then dipped it into a tub of Gold leaf. The flower is chipboard bought from Poundland. My husband hates pound shops, but even he will agree it turned out ok! The corrugated mat at the back is also a pound shop purchase - can't remember how much it cost though:)
Friday, August 10, 2007
I cut hearts from white card with a Quickutz die and applied Distress Inks with a babywipe. Next I dabbed round the edges with a different coloured pad. Finally I spritzed them with water, waited for them to dry and mounted them on 3d foam. I caught the pointed ends of the hearts underneath a button brad before adding a ribbon.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Made this card with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads. I inked up the stamp and spritzed the stamp with water before stamping on the card. I tapped the ink pad around the edges and spritzed again. I left it to dry before adding a ribbon. I quite like the smudged effect that it left. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I am pleased with it.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
The stamp is from a range of stamps by Inkadinkado. It's my first purchase from the set, but won't be my last! I stamped the image with StazOn black. The image is coloured using Blending Blox (the pinks) and Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad (broken china). I mounted it using Quickutz photo corners and used a couple of new papers I have as backgrounds.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
I made this background with Distress Inks. I covered a sheet of acetate with ink from different coloured ink pads, spritzed it with water and placed white card face down. Next I placed another sheet of acetate over the top and squidged the sheets together. The resulting patterns were a little pale so I pressed an ink pad over the top and spritzed it again with water. I think the whole effect looks pretty good. The butterfly image is made using the new Tsukineko Glue Pad covered with metal flakes.